Chapter 1. General
1. Scope and Revision
2. Use of the Services
- 2.The Company may revise the content of the Services without the prior consent of Users.
- 3.Any User under 18 years old shall obtain the consent of their parent or guardian with respect to the use of the Services.
Chapter 2. Users
4. User Registration
- 1.Any person who wants to apply for the user registration set forth in Clause 3 (i) (“User Registration Applicant”) shall apply for the user registration in the manner specified by the Company and Disney on the New User page of the Services.
- 3.If a User Registration Applicant falls under any of the following, the Company will not approve the application for the user registration. In this case, the Company is not obligated to disclose the reason for the disapproval to the User Registration Applicant:
- (1)A designated organized crime group, a member of or person affiliated with a designated organized crime group, or other antisocial forces stipulated in the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991) (“Organized Crime Group etc.”);
- (2)A corporation or other organization in which the business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group etc. or a member of such corporation or organization;
- (3)A corporation in which an officer is an Organized Crime Group etc. or a member of such corporation; or
- (4)A person who is deemed to have the potential to commit an act contrary to laws, public order, or standards of decency.
- 4.When a person who has a Disney account uses the Services, registration of additional information may be requested in the manner designated by the Company. This registration of additional information shall be subject to the provisions of the respective item of this clause.
5. Change Notification and Cancellation
- 1.When there is any change to the address, name, phone number, or other information of a User previously notified to the Company, the User shall promptly notify the Company of such change in the manner separately designated by the Company.
- 2.When a User wishes to cancel the user registration, the User shall apply for such cancellation through the withdrawal procedures indicated on the Services page or at the Member Registration page on the Official Website or other websites specified by Disney, such as Disney.jp.
6. Suspension of Use of the Services and Registration Removal
If a User falls under any of the following, the Company may suspend the use of the Services by the User or remove the User’ registration without prior notice to the User:
- (1)If the payment of fees in connection with the Services or other payment obligations is delayed or other default of the User occurs;
- (2)If the User commits any of the prohibited acts specified in Clause 7;
- (3)If it is found that the User falls under any of the items of Paragraph 3 of Clause 4; or
7. Prohibited Acts
- 1.No Users shall commit any of the following acts:
- (1)An act to provide false information at the user registration;
- (2)An act that may disrupt the operation of the Services or may otherwise interfere with the Services, as determined by the Company;
- (3)An act to use the Services through unauthorized use of a credit card;
- (5)An act to use the Services for the purpose of sales activities or resale or for the purpose of provision to a third party who is engaged in sales activities or resale;
- (6)An act of unauthorized use of a User ID, e-mail address, or password;
- (7)An act that causes or may cause any trouble, disadvantage, or damage to other Users, third parties, or the Company;
- (8)An act that infringes or may infringe the copyrights, trade secrets, property, privacy, or any other rights of other Users, third parties, or the Company;
- (9)An act that actually or potentially contradicts public order or standards of decency or breaches laws or regulations; or
- (10)Other acts deemed inappropriate by the Company.
- 2.If a User falls under any of the items of Paragraph 3 of Clause 4, the User may not use the Services.
8. Copyright and Other Rights
- 1.Any and all rights, including ownership and copyrights, to merchandise and services (collectively, “Merchandise etc.”) or information provided by the Company through the use of the Services shall belong to the Company. Provided, however, that the rights contained in such Merchandise or information that belong to Disney shall continue to belong to Disney.
- 2.No Users may use any information provided through the Services for any purposes other than their personal use permitted under the Copyright Act without the consent of the right holder.
- 3.If any problem arises as a result of a breach by a User of the provisions of this clause, the User shall resolve the problem on the User’ own responsibility and at the User’s own expense and shall not cause any trouble or damage to the Company and Disney.
9. Management of Password and Other Credentials
- 1.Each User shall be responsible for management of their own user ID, e-mail address, and password. The Company and its group companies shall have no liability for such management by each User.
- 2.Each User shall not assign, lend, or disclose their own user ID, e-mail address, or password to third parties.
- 3.Each User shall be liable for any damage arising in connection with inadequate management, improper use, or third party’s use of their own user ID, e-mail address, or password.
- 4.If a User becomes aware of unauthorized use of their own user ID, e-mail address, or password by a third party, the User shall immediately notify the Company.
- 5.Each User shall recognize the risk of leakage of information in conjunction with payment procedures through the use of the Services, including transmission of the User’s credit card number, and shall perform these procedures on the User’s own responsibility.
10. Use of User Information
- 1.All personal information provided to the Company through the provision of the Services shall be used within the scope of the following purposes of use:
- The personal information received by the Company in connection with the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort will be utilized in certain businesses related to Tokyo Disney Resort to offer merchandise and services and to send information to Users.
- The Company analyzes and uses for the following purposes (i) names, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and other information entered by Users (ii) image data contained in photographs provided by Users (iii) usage histories (including location information) of the Company’s services and purchase histories of Merchandise etc., (iv) usage and browsing histories of the Official Website and other websites, and (v) information provided by Users in response to the Company’s questionnaire surveys:
- (1)To advertise and send emails about the Company’s merchandise and services based on each User’s interest and preference;
- (2)To recommend the Company’s merchandise and services based on each User’s interest and preference through push notifications on the Official Website;
- (3)To improve merchandise and services, and develop new merchandise, services, and facilities;
- (4)To send questionnaire surveys by email to each User to obtain feedback on Tokyo Disney Resort; and
- (5)To place advertisements and promote publicity for the Company’s recruitment activities.
- Based on the Company’s judgment, the Company may provide some or all of the personal information that the Company acquired to its subsidiary companies or to Disney and Disney’s related companies. In addition, such information may be given to the credit card companies of Users or other third parties in order to detect and prevent unauthorized use of Users’ credit cards. Each User may, at their discretion, request that their own personal information not be given to third parties.
- The types of personal information provided to third parties by the Company and the methods of provision are as follows:
- <Types of personal information provided to third parties by the Company>
- (i)Names, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, and other information entered by Users;
- (ii)Image data contained in photographs provided by Users;
- (iii)Usage histories of the Company’s services and purchase histories of merchandise; and
- (iv)Browsing histories of the Official Website and other websites.
- <Methods of provision>
- (i)File server; or
- (ii)Electric and paper-based media
- With respect to the personal information of each User held by the Company, in response to the request of the User, the Company will disclose it, or make its correction, addition or removal, suspend its use or eliminate it, or suspend its provision to third parties. The contact information of the Company for inquiries on personal information in connection with the provision of the Services is as follows:
- Tokyo Disney Resort Information Center, Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
- Address: 1-1 Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba 279-8511
- Phone Number: 0570-00-8632
- Operation Hours: 10:00-15:00 (Personal Information Inquiry No. P040011)
- Note 1: For IP phones and international calls, please call to 045-330-5211.
- Note 2: Your phone conversations are recorded for the purpose of confirming the details of your inquiries and our operators’ responses.
Chapter 3. Booking and Purchase of Merchandise etc.
11. Purchase of Merchandise etc.
- 1.Users can book and purchase Merchandise etc. from the Company through the use of the Services.
- 2.When a User wants to book or purchase Merchandise etc., the User shall make a request for booking or purchase of Merchandise etc. in accordance with the procedures specified by the Company.
- 3.As for the request under the preceding paragraph, the corresponding sale and purchase agreement or booking for the related Merchandise etc. shall take effect between the User and the Company upon the receipt by the User of an e-mail sent by the Company notifying the acceptance of such request. Provided, however, that this shall not apply when the credit card company designated by the User notifies the Company that the credit card of the User is in default.
- 5.If the merchandise booked or purchased is a park ticket for Tokyo Disneyland Park or Tokyo DisneySea Park (collectively “Park Ticket”) and a breach of Clause 7 is identified with respect to the Park Ticket, the Company shall make all Park Tickets purchased by the User involved in the breach null and void, regardless of whether the Park Tickets are subject to the breach, and the Company will refuse the entry into Tokyo Disneyland Park and Tokyo DisneySea Park with such Park Tickets. In this case, the Company shall not refund the price of the Park Tickets that have been made null and void.
- 6.Shipping destinations for Merchandise etc. purchased through the Services are limited to within Japan unless otherwise specified by the Company.
12. Payment Method
- 1.An amount payable for Merchandise etc. is the total amount of the purchase price of the relevant Merchandise etc., shipping charge, fees, and consumption tax.
- 2.The payment for Merchandise etc. purchased through the Services shall be made by a credit card in the name of the User or by other methods separately accepted by the Company.
- 3.Payments in connection with the Services shall be subject to the terms and conditions specified in the agreement separately executed between each User and the credit card company or payment agency. If any dispute arises between the User and the credit card company or payment agency, the dispute shall be resolved between the parties, and the Company shall have no liability for such dispute unless any fault attributable to the Company is involved.
13. Return of Merchandise etc.
- 1.Return of Merchandise etc. shall be acceptable only in the event of breakage during the transportation, defective Merchandise etc., delivery of different Merchandise etc., or other causes separately acknowledged by the Company.
- 2.Users shall follow the procedures separately specified by the Company when returning Merchandise etc. as set forth in the preceding paragraph.
- 3.Other causes separately acknowledged by the Company set forth in Paragraph 1 shall mean the following:
- If the Merchandise etc. is a Park Ticket and the Company does not open the parks for any of the following reasons, the User may cancel the sale and purchase agreement or the booking agreement for the Park Ticket for the period during which the parks are closed:
- (1)Difficulty of the operation of the parks due to a natural disaster, fire, or electric power interruption (including planned electric power interruption), or suspension of transportation;
- (2)Difficulty of the operation of the parks for reasons not attributable to the Company, such as spread of infectious disease, or a request for downsizing or suspension of operation or other administrative direction by administrative authorities; or
- (3)Other reasons similar to those set forth in the preceding items due to which the operation of the parks is difficult as judged by the Company.
Chapter 4. Operation of the Services
14. Suspension of provision of the Services
The Company may suspend the provision of the Services, in whole or in part, without prior notice to Users if any of the following events occurs:
- (1)Periodic or emergency maintenance of the system;
- (2)Difficulty of operation of the system due to a natural disaster, fire, electric power interruption or other force majeure event, or obstruction by a third party;
- (3)Failure or malfunction of the system; or
- (4)Any other circumstance which requires the suspension of the system as judged by the Company.
15. Discontinuation of the Services
- 1.The Company may discontinue the provision of the Services by giving notice to Users no later than one month before the discontinuation in accordance with the procedures specified by the Company.
- 2.The Company shall have no liability for any reason whatsoever for any damage, loss, or disadvantage incurred by Users as a result of discontinuation of the Services.
16. Other Disclaimer
- 2.The Company shall be released from liability as long as the Company performs its administrative work based on the registered information of each User and processing the User’s purchase request for Merchandise etc. by shipping it to the location designated by the User.
- 3.The Company shall be liable for any and all damage incurred by any User due to the use of the Services resulting from reasons attributable to the Company, excluding special damage and lost profit. Provided, however, that this shall not apply if the Company caused the damage to the User due to a willful act or gross negligence of the Company.
- 4.If a User causes damage to other Users or third parties through the use of the Services, the User shall resolve it on the User’s own responsibility and at the User’s own expense and shall not cause any trouble to the Company.
- 1.Communication between the Company and Users shall be made by phone or via e-mail, in principle.
- 4.Any legal proceedings in need between a User and the Company in connection with the use of the Services shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court for the first instance.
Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Last updated on February 1, 2023